A veterinary assistant loves animals. They are dedicated to treating domestic animals – from birds and reptiles to cats and dogs – and believe they all deserve compassionate medical care.
Our training program will teach you how to:
- Sterilize lab and surgical equipment
- Provide routine post-operative care
- Clean teeth
- Help the veterinary team with animal nursing
- Administer medication orally or topically as prescribed by the veterinarian
- Draw blood
- Collect other lab specimens
- Prepare samples for lab examination under supervision
- Assist in surgeries
As a veterinary assistant, you will constantly be presented with new challenges and have the opportunity to bring in your pets to assist with class learning opportunities, examinations and treatments.