Pharmacy technicians enjoy a rewarding career in the constantly growing and evolving field of health care and prescription medicine while maintaining a stable and straightforward work environment.
As a certified pharmacy technician, you are the liaison between medical professionals, doctors, pharmacists, insurance companies and patients. You will receive and verify prescriptions and prepare patient medication.
Blending medicine, math and chemistry, you will take classes that prepare you to:
- Provide medication and other health products to patients
- Mix intravenous solutions
- Count tablets and label bottles
- Receive electronic prescriptions from medical offices
- Handle computer order entry of prescriptions
- Receive written prescriptions and requests for patient refills
- Verify complete and accurate prescriptions
- Stock and inventory prescription and over-the-counter medications
As part of the courses you’ll take during your training in our Pharmacy Technician program, you’ll gain experience with IV therapy. This skill set, most often used in hospitals, helps better prepare students for a variety of jobs in the field, offering graduates a competitive advantage.